Sterile Multifilament Non-Absoroable Supramid Nylon Sutures With or Without Needle WEGO-Supramid Nylon
6.6([NH-(CH2)6)-NH-CO-(CH2)4-CO]n) and a sheath of polyamide 6 ([NH-CO-(CH2)5]n), ranging from EP sizes 1.5 to 7(USP sizes 4-0 THROUGH 5).
WEGO-SUPRAMID NYLON sutures are available in a range of gauge sizes and lengths, with or without stainless steel needles of varying types and sizes.
WEGO-SUPRAMID NYLON suture complies with the requirements of the European Pharmacopoeia monographs for Sterile Polyamide 6 suture or Sterile Polyamide 6.6 suture and the United States Pharmacopoeia monograph of Non-absorbable Sutures. WGO-SUPRAMID suture are available undyed and dyed Logwood Black (Color Index Number75290)
WEGO-SUPRAMID NYLON suture is indicated for use in general soft tissue approximation and/or ligation
WEGO-SUPRAMID suture is easy handling, high flexibility, high security
● Smooth uniform surface easy passage through tissue
● Easy removal from skin
● Low tissue reactivity
● Reduced tissue resistance due to its sheathed structure and smooth
● High flexibility thanks to its braided core
● Little memory effect when pulling the thread out of the packaging
● Good knot holding abilities
● Knot pull tensile strength values substantially exceeding USP requirements
● Outer monofilament structure with reduced risk of infection
● Excellent tissue compatibility
Structure: Pseudomonofilament (USP 5– 4/0)
Color: White or black
Sizes: USP 40 (metric 1.5 USP 3 (metric 7
Knot tensile strength retention: Gradual loss of tensile strength at a rate of approx.
15/20% per year
Supramid is contraindicated when a long term wound
support is required