Orthopedic introduction and sutures recommendation
The sutures can be used in which orthopedics level
The critical period of wound healing
-Good skin and postoperative aesthetics are the most important concerns.
-There is a lot of tension between the postoperative bleeding and the skin, and the sutures are small and small.
Non-absorbable surgical sutures：
WEGO-Polypropylene — smooth，low damage P33243-75
Absorbable surgical sutures ：
WEGO-PGA —Don’t have to take out sutures，shorten hospitalization time，Reduce the risk of infection. G33243
-Reduce the chance of death and infection，good and strong enough is the most effective way to reduce skin cracking.
-It is most likely to occur where the suture foreign body reaction leads to infection and xenogenous cysts.
Recommend：Absorbable surgical sutures－2/0 WEGO-PGA surgical sutures（Taper point）G21402-75，G21372-75
-Fascia–A dense fibrous sheath of tissue，cover the muscle surface. It can recover 40 percent of the tension in 2 months, Maximum tension for 12 months.
But it can never regain its initial tension.
-Muscle-Dense fibrous tissue.
-High tension sutures must be used to provide the tensile support needed during
the critical period of wound healing.
Absorbable surgical sutures－2/0 WEGO-PGA surgical sutures（Taper point）G21402-75，G21372-75
The basic needs of orthopedics and suture
• Joint：Activity is strong，need big tension.
• Subcutaneous Fat
– Thin place（eg. Ulna olecranon, patellar）Don’t touch the knot after surgery.
– Thick place（eg. Hip）Do not cut the organization in suturing , Prevent fat liquefaction.
– Subcutaneous fat is susceptible to infection.
Poor blood supply
• Poor organizational stability，It is not proper to be accurate，Tissue is
soft and easy to tear .
• Excessive traction, electric cutting，Easily liquefied.
• Fats are high in water，Silk threads are more likely to breed bacteria.
• Suture fracture: the healing time of the tendon repair is longer. The early stage needs to do the functional exercise. If the thread tension is
insufficient, the fracture occurs and the operation needs to be re-operated .
• Tendon adhesion: after a tendon injury or surgery, often adhesion with the surrounding tissue, tendon adhesion, light affects the slip of the tendon, and the tendon repair surgery failed .
• For sutures: 1. Strong tension
• 2. Smooth seams and small damage
• Recommended polypropylene suture: 2/0-5/0 (double head round pin)
• For stitches:
• 1. Smooth seams and small tissue damage
• 2. The stitching tension is stable and will not break the line.
• 3. Permanent support
• Recommended stitches:
• Blood vessels —– WEGO-polypropylene sewing thread 6/0-10/0
• Nerve – WEGO-polypropylene sewing thread 8/0– 10/0
The stitching level is from the inside out
1.Joint capsule: postoperatively, the need for early functional exercise requires large stitches; It is required to close the joint and prevent the joint cavity from being connected with the outside, causing the infection (WEGO-PGA).
2. Fixed external rotation muscle group to prevent postdislocation: 1#(WEGO-PGA anti-angle needle) is required
3. Muscle fascia: requires large tension (WEGO-PGA）
4. Subcutaneous fat: buttock fat is thicker, suture does not cut the organization. Layered suture, extermination of dead cavity (WEGO-PGA)
5. Skin: superficial skin infections can also cause deep infection, leading to surgery failure (WEGO-PGA)